Make the transition into autumn an easy endeavor with this white bean and pepper salad. Heartier than a green salad yet lighter than stews and soups that are on the cold weather horizon.
White Bean Salad
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine beans, peppers, onion, parsley, and dill.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together zest, vinegar and oil. Pour over bean salad and toss to coat.
3. Season with salt and pepper, tossing again before serving.