Radicchio Spinach Apple Salad
As you leave the lighter summer salads behind, toss heartier salad ingredients such as radicchio, apples and walnuts onto your plate.
Raddicchio Spinach Apple Salad
- 1 medium head radicchio, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 apples, cored, halved, sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup toasted walnut halves
1. In a large bowl, toss together radicchio, spinach, apples, and parsley.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour dressing over the radicchio mixture and toss to coat.
4. Sprinkle with chia and walnuts, toss again and serve immediately.