The end of summer is near along with the peak season for many dark leafy greens, such as chard. This braised Swiss chard recipe is just one more way to enjoy this veggie powerhouse of nutrition. Try it as a vegan side dish or eat it up as a vegan meal.
Braised Swiss Chard
- 1 large bunch Swiss chard, woody tough stems removed, leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- Your favorite spicy peanut sauce
- Blanch chard in a large pot of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until just wilted.
- Drain chard and rinse with cold water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and cook onion, stirring often, until onion is tender.
- Stir in garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chard to the skillet, tossing to combine, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to heat through.
- Transfer to a serving plate and drizzle with peanut sauce. Serve immediately.