A new recipe from Produce for Better Health Foundation, this roasted daikon radish dish is a delicious addition to your vegan fall menu. Daikon is a popular Asian ingredient and has a sharper bite than regular radishes. These crunchy treats are also a tasty source of vitamin C and very low in calories.
Daikon Radish Roast
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 daikon radishes, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (16-ounce) bag of baby carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 fresh garlic clove, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over a large rimmed baking pan.
- Spread radishes, carrots, and onion onto baking pan.
- Sprinkle with garlic and toss vegetables to coat with olive oil and garlic.
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper, drizzle with remaining olive oil, and toss again.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.