When you’re craving carbos, dive your fork into a loaded baked potato, stuffed with veggies, beans, and vegan cheese. This is a hearty vegan dinner recipe to keep handy during the cold fall and winter months.
Loaded Baked Potato
- 4 baking potatoes, washed and scrubbed well, patted dry
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Vegan butter and vegan sour cream to taste
- Shredded vegan cheese of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prick potatoes in a few places with a fork. Rub potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap potatoes in foil and bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss beans, broccoli, onions, and parsley together.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise in their center, splitting them, but not cutting them all the way to the bottom.
- Set oven to broil. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and add a pat or two of butter and a dollop of sour cream into each potato, spreading it around or fluffing with a fork.
- Fill potatoes with bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil potatoes for a few minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot.