Roast some red or golden beets and toss them into a salad for a colorful, healthy, satisfying vegan meal!
Spinach Salad with Beets and Walnuts
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 cups sliced roasted beets
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crumbled or finely shredded vegan feta-style cheese
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, arugula, beets, and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle most of the oil over salad and toss to coat. Add more dressing if desired.
- Divide salad among 4 chilled salad plates and garnish with feta and walnuts.