Shredded Scallion Salad
Take advantage of the summer bounty of green onions and toss this simple vegan salad together as a tasty side dish for your grilled meals.
- 1 bunch green onions, root ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon very finely minced fresh ginger
- Pinch of cayenne or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Lay green onions on a cutting board and, one at a time, use a sharp knife to cut them lengthwise into long skinny strips. Then cut them crosswise into 2-inch strips.
- Place shredded green onions in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Toss well to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve chilled.