When you’ve got a hankering for Asian food but don’t want to order in, make a big batch of this Asian salad recipe for a tasty vegan meal with leftovers.
Asian Cabbage and Sprout Salad
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1/3 cup agave (such as Xagave)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or Bragg’s Amino Acids
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Garnish: 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and puree.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss with combine.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.