Bored with regular ol’ chocolate marshmallow graham cracker s’mores? Take this vegan tropical s’mores recipe with you on your next campout. You can also make these at home, toasting the marshmallows over the grill, when you’re craving the taste and relaxation of summer’s outdoor vacationing.
Tropical Twist on S’Mores- Makes 4 s’mores
This s’mores recipe — featuring juicy mango, caramel sauce, and coconut — is adapted from the National Mango Board.
- 8 large vegan marshmallows
- 8 vegan graham crackers or other cookie of your choice
- 3 tablespoons warm vegan caramel sauce
- Grated dark chocolate to taste
- Toasted coconut flakes to taste
- 1/2 mango, peeled, thinly sliced*
- Place marshmallows on skewers and toast over a fire or grill until just lightly browned.
- Remove from skewers and place 2 marshmallows on each of 4 graham crackers or cookies.
- Drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with chocolate and coconut.
- Arrange mango slices on marshmallows and place remaining crackers or cookies on top. Serve immediately.
*If you’ve never manhandled a mango and aren’t sure how to get slices for your s’mores, check out this video on how to cut a mango, courtesy of the National Mango Board.