Black Bean Salsa
Put a healthy high-protein spin on salsa with this black bean salsa recipe, courtesy of Pritikin Longevity and Spa. Mound this zesty salsa atop a big green salad or use it to stuff artichokes or summer squash. For a balanced meal, partner it with brown rice.
Black Bean Salsa-Serves 4
- 1 cup cooked and drained black beans (no-salt-added)
- 1 cup medium diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro or dill
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss well until evenly mixed.
Chill and serve.