Grilled Eggplant Dip
Grilled Eggplant Dip- Makes about 2 cups
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded, finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat grill to medium high and oil the grill grate.
Prick the eggplant all over with a fork, and place it on the grill and close the cover. Turn eggplant occasionally until it's soft when squeezed and the skin is lightly charred.
When cool enough to handle, slice eggplant in half and use a large spoon to scoop out the insides of the eggplant onto a cutting board.
Chop eggplant and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve warm.