Traditionally stuffed with ground meat and rice, these vegan stuffed peppers are deliciously packed with onions, potatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives. This is a yummy vegan rendition of the classic Mexican recipe.
Veggie Stuffed Peppers– Makes 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 6 cups shredded baking potatoes
- 1 large onion, quartered, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 bell peppers, top sliced off, seeded
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add potatoes and onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Blanch peppers in boiling water, drain, and pat dry with paper towels. Stuff potato mixture into peppers.
- Stand pepppers up in a baking dish. Drizzle with a little oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the skin on the peppers is slightly charred. Serve hot.
Cook’s note: Top peppers with shredded vegan cheese the last 15 minutes of cooking, if desired.