Bananas and chocolate baked in flaky phyllo pockets may become one of your favorite vegan desserts after you sink your fork into this easy vegan recipe. This is a basic recipe — make as many or as few as you need.
Banana and Chocolate in Phyllo
Serve with a small scoop of vegan-friendly vanilla ice cream.
- Phyllo sheets
- Melted vegan butter
- Chopped vegan dark chocolate
- Vegan chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay a sheet of phyllo on the counter and brush with vegan butter. Lay a second and third sheet on top, brushing after each sheet.
- Use a sharp knife to cut sheet into 8 squares.
- Peel bananas and cut each crosswise into bite-size slices.
- Lay a few banana slices on each phyllo square and sprinkle with chopped dark chocolate.
- Fold squares into triangles over the filling. Brush with butter and seal edges.
- Place triangles on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until phyllo is lightly browned.
- Transfer to dessert plates and serve with vegan ice cream or whipped topping.