Need a simple, tasty vegan side dish recipe? Try this easy tabbouleh featuring fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and mint.
- 1 cup cracked wheat or bulgur
- 2 cups water
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small cucumber, seeded, diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring bulgur and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Place a lid on the pan, remove from heat, and let sit for 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender.
- Drain bulgur into a fine-meshed sieve and rinse with cold water. Let sit in the sieve for 10 minutes to drain well.
- Meanwhile, half each of the tomatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in cucumber, onion, parsley, and mint.
- Add bulgur, olive oil, and vinegar, stirring combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.