Need a simple, tasty vegan side dish recipe? Try this easy tabbouleh featuring fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and mint.
- 1 cup cracked wheat or bulgur
- 2 cups water
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small cucumber, seeded, diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Bring bulgur and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Place a lid on the pan, remove from heat, and let sit for 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender.
Drain bulgur into a fine-meshed sieve and rinse with cold water. Let sit in the sieve for 10 minutes to drain well.
Meanwhile, half each of the tomatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in cucumber, onion, parsley, and mint.
Add bulgur, olive oil, and vinegar, stirring combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.