Raw foods are certainly the trend right now and chefs are getting ever more creative in making raw food recipes irresistibly delicious.
Author, Jeremy A. Safron, The Raw Truth (Celestial Arts, 2011), was a pioneer in the raw foods movement, establishing two successful living foods restaurants. To continue his mission to teach people the benefits of raw foodism, he recently published the second edition of his raw food cookbook, and shares with us his truly scrumptious vegan recipe for Sunflower-Carrot Croquettes.
Recipe from The Raw Truth by Jeremy A. Safron
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups soaked sunflower seeds, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 taqblespoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Fresh herbs, for garnish
1. In a homogenizing juicer, homogenize carrots and sunflower seeds into a large bowl.
2. Mix in cilantro, onion, Bragg's, and yeast, and form into shapes, such as circles, stars, or hearts.
3. Arrange on a serving platter and garnish with fresh herbs to serve.