Vegan zucchini bread
The abundance of zucchini in your garden (or lining the stands at the farmers market) means it's high time for baking zucchini bread. Make one loaf of this vegan zucchini bread recipe and enjoy it for the week, or make a few loaves and freeze the extras.
Vegan zucchini bread recipe
- 3 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 small zucchini, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and generously spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, flax, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coriander.
- In a second large bowl, whisk together oil and sugar until well combined. Whisk in vanilla, then stir in zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool the bread on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then invert the loaves onto the wire rack to continue to cool.
- Serve warm or let the loaves cool completely. Store completely cooled bread in an airtight container or wrap with freezer wrap to freeze for up to 2 months.