Vegan spring rolls
Spring rolls can be served as a fun vegan finger food or enjoyed as a main-course meal. This vegan spring rolls recipe features cucumber, carrots, greens and mango.
Vegan spring rolls recipe
- 4 ounces rice vermicelli
- 16 sheets rice paper
- 1/2 cucumber, halved, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- 1 small carrot, julienned and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 ounces baby greens salad mix
- 1/2 ripe but very firm mango, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Your favorite dipping sauce*
- Cook vermicelli in a large pot of salted, boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Lay one rice paper wrap in a large, shallow platter filled with warm water. Leave it for several seconds or until softened. Drain it and transfer it to a dry, flat work surface.
- Add a small portion of the noodles, cucumber, carrots, cilantro, greens and mango to the center of the wrap.
- Fold the right and left sides of the wrap over the filling, then fold up the bottom of the wrap and continue rolling upwards.
- Place the spring roll on a large platter, seam-side down.
- Repeat the process with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Serve the spring rolls with your favorite dipping sauce.
*Cook's note: Though it's a salad dressing, I love these spring rolls dipped in San J Tamari Ginger Salad Dressing. Not only is it vegan-friendly, it is also gluten-free.