Little savory purses of shredded veggies, these vegan dumplings are a fun finger food to serve as a first course or nibble as a light vegan meal.Little savory purses of shredded veggies, these vegan dumplings are a fun finger food to serve as a first course or nibble as a light vegan meal.
Makes 24 dumplings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 4 to 6 radishes, trimmed, shredded
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water plus more for dumplings
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Set a bamboo steamer in a large wok over boiling water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add cabbage, carrots, and radishes. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened.
- Add green onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring often, for 1 minute.
- Stir in tamari, sugar, and cilantro.
- Whisk together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Pour into skillet, stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil.
- Lay wonton wrappers onto a flat surface.
- Place a spoonful of veggie mixture onto the center of each wrapper.
- Moisten edges of each wrapper and fold up sides of wrapper to make dumplings. Tap the bottom of each wrapper on the counter to flatten.
- Stand dumplings in the bamboo steamer and steam for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite Asian dipping sauce.
More tasty vegan appetizer recipes!