Vegan Carrot Cake
Carrot cake is a must-bake sweet treat for Easter. This dairy- and egg-free vegan carrot cake recipe is the perfect vegan dessert for your vegan Easter feast. Best yet, it is so delicious, you'll want to make it throughout the garden fresh carrot season to serve as a yummy vegan breakfast or snack, too.Carrot cake is a must-bake sweet treat for Easter. This dairy- and egg-free vegan carrot cake recipe is the perfect vegan dessert for your vegan Easter feast. Best yet, it is so delicious, you'll want to make it throughout the garden fresh carrot season to serve as a yummy vegan breakfast or snack, too.
Vegan Carrot Cake
- 4 tablespoons ground flax
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together ground flax and water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and clove.
- In a large bowl, beat together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and oil until well-combined. Beat in flax mixture.
- Slowly add flour mixture, beating on low until just moistened. Stir in carrots, pineapple, coconut, currants, and pecans. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place cake on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine vegan cream cheese and margarine in a medium bowl and beat until combined. Slowly beat in confectioners' sugar until you get a spreadable consistency.
- Spread frosting over the top of the cake and serve.
More vegan Easter recipes!