Green pasta salad
Fresh picked veggies to add to pasta salad with be great for this the spring.
Spring is the green season, giving you a ripe picking of fresh produce to inspire your vegan meals. This vegan pasta salad incorporates in-season spring veggies and a homemade vegan dressing. Serve it as an Earth Day recipe or for your vegan Easter celebration. Visit your farmers' market for the freshest vegetables and herbs.
Green Pasta Salad (serves 6)
- 8 ounces whole wheat or vegetable corkscrew pasta
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 8 ounces fava beans, shelled, blanched
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 bunch arugula, trimmed
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces vegan cheese, cut into cubes
1. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with a little olive oil if pasta starts to stick.
2. Add vegetables and arugula to the bowl and toss to combine.
3. In a food processor, combine herbs, lemon juice and zest, garlic, agave, and vinegar and puree. With the machine running, add olive oil until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour dressing over salad and toss well to coat. Add vegan cheese and toss again. Serve immediately.