This sweet, spicy and tangy combination of corn, tomatoes and black beans is a delectable vegan salad that will have you savoring every tasty bite. You can wrap it up in a tortilla, serve it as a beautiful vegan side dish, or just eat it for lunch.
Southwest vegan salad recipe
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons canned chipotle in adobo sauce, drained and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine corn, onion, black beans, tomatoes, olive oil, lime zest and juice and chipotle, tossing to coat.
- Divide the salad into bowls and top with avocado. Garnish with cilantro to serve.