When the need for Italian comfort arises and you're not in the mood for vegan pizza, try this vegan stromboli. Loaded with flavorful roasted vegetables and vegan cheese, you may want to make a triple batch and keep this tasty vegan dinner recipe in the freezer for a fast reheat whenever you're craving Italian.When the need for Italian comfort arises and you're not in the mood for vegan pizza, try this vegan stromboli. Loaded with flavorful roasted vegetables and vegan cheese, you may want to make a triple batch and keep this tasty vegan dinner recipe in the freezer for a fast reheat whenever you're craving Italian.
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, halved, seeded, cut into thick slices
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for brushing
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 recipe pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 1-1/2 cups shredded or crumbled vegan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and spray a large rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place eggplant, zucchini, and bell pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
- Break head of garlic into cloves, do not peel cloves. Place cloves in the center of a small sheet of foil and crinkle sides up to form a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over eggplant mixture and onto the garlic. Season both with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss eggplant mixture to coat.
- Lay vegetable strips on baking sheet and set garlic on the baking sheet.Roast for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned. Garlic cloves should be soft when pinched.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Roll pizza dough into a large rectangle.
- Squeeze garlic out of cloves onto dough and use the back of a fork to gently mash cloves. Spread vegetables over dough and sprinkle with cheese.
- Starting on one of the long sides of the dough, roll dough into log. Pinch the ends closed to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.Brush with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until dough is lightly browned. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing crosswise into 4 servings.
More vegan dinner recipes!