Dark chocolate and cashews meld into a mouthwateringly memorable vegan dessert that will leave your vegan and non-vegan friends clamoring for more.
Be sure to try these vegan brownies with a scoop of vegan ice cream.
Vegan cashew brownies recipe
Yields 9 brownies
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped vegan dark chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate soy milk
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup dry roasted, salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together chocolate, oil, sugar, vanilla and soy milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Stir in cashews.
- Transfer brownie mixture to prepared baking dish and press to form an even layer.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until brownie has set. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before cutting.