These vegan wheat berry waffles are the perfect way to start your day. The best part is that they are super easy and quick to make!
They’re infused with all the protein you need to get an energized start to your morning. Whether you’re making these on Christmas morning or before a day of work, they are packed with delicious flavors and fresh berries to keep you comfortably full until lunch time!
Wheat Berry Waffles
- 1 cup whole wheat berries
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer dry mixed with 5 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- Place wheat berries and milk in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients together and mix.
- Cook in waffle iron set on high for 6-7 minutes.
- Top with fresh fruit, nut butter or syrup.