After the excitement of Santa wears off all we want to do is eat a nice breakfast with our families.
This great vegan oatmeal recipe is perfect for the family breakfast table on Christmas morning. Even your non-vegan family members will enjoy this. Our gift to you!
Vegan Apple Oatmeal
- 2 apples
- 1 pint apple juice
- 1.5 ounce dried apricot, chopped
- 1.5 ounce raisins
- 3 ounce slow cooking oatmeal
- Lemon rind
- Peel, core, and chop the apples into small chunks.
- Place apple chunks, raisins, and apricot in cooking pot.
- Add apple juice, and heat to boiling.
- Let simmer 1 minute, and then add oatmeal.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes, then turn off the stove, and cover for 3 minutes.
- Add spices to taste.
- Serve alone or with banana slices.
Cooking Time:15-20 minutes