Thanksgiving is approaching and you don’t have a vegan dessert to offer your guests? Well do we have a great recipe for you – vegan pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.
One of our favorite aspects of this recipe is that it requires no egg replacer. We always consider vegan baking that requires as few “substitute” ingredients as possible.
Ingredients For Muffins
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips/ vegan carob chips (we use more)
Directions For Muffins
- Mix pumpkin, oil, sugar soy milk and vanilla together and mix.
- Then add rest of ingredients mix with fork and don’t over blend
fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 22-24 minutes .
- Let cool.
- 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 table spoons of margarine or vegan alternative ( soft not melted)
- 1 table spoon of soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Combine ingredients until creamy
You can find all of your vegan thanksgiving needs here at Miso Vegan!
More delicious vegan recipes