Mom's Mashed Parsnips and Carrots
I asked my mom to supply me with hands down my favorite vegan Thanksgiving side dish. This recipe had originally not been vegan but when I became vegan my mom worked hard to make it vegan.
Mashed Parsnips and Carrots
The Parsnip is a highly underrated root vegetable; they're a great source of potassium and fiber, and extremely tasty as well!
- 1 bag of baby carrots or half bag of regular carrots
- 3 medium or 2 large parsnips
- 2 cans of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter like spread
- 1-2 table spoon of brown sugar (2 if you like it sweeter)
- Boil carrots and parsnips in the vegetable broth until tender.
- Drain all of broth but 4 ounces.
- Use broth to mash the vegetables together adding a little at a time until they are the consistency you like. (I like mine a little chunky. )
- Melt vegan butter spread on top add brown sugar and mix together.
More delectable holiday vegan dishes