Use sweet potatoes to make a healthy and tasty alternative to regular French fries. This alternative to the marshmallow dish usually used for sweet potatoes wins over any crowd. Oven roasting them in this way brings out the natural flavor sure make your delicious vegan Thanksgiving a hit!
Roasted Sweet Potato Sticks
- 3 to 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Peel the sweet potatoes then cut them in half lengthwise. Cut each in half into 1/4-inch wide strips.
- Place the sliced potatoes into a large bowl and add the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss gently to coat the potato slices well and spread them on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake until potatoes are lightly browned and crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, about 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with dried cranberries, if desired.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time:25 Minutes
More vegan snack recipes