Foil-baked potatoes with salmon, ricotta & wild fennel
Topping baked potatoes with smoked salmon, dollops of ricotta and wild fennel cream makes them extraordinarily delicious!
Cooking potatoes in foil traps the moisture inside, and it's one of the many ways to enjoy them. This is a very simple recipe that doesn't require much effort from a busy person like you. Simply top them with some ricotta mixture and smoked salmon, and your extraordinarily delicious meal is served!
Foil-baked potatoes with salmon, ricotta and wild fennel recipe
- 4 medium to large potatoes with skins on, cleaned and dried
- 4 pieces of aluminum foil
- Extra-virgin olive oil (or olive oil)
- 4 ounces ricotta
- 1-1/2 ounces cream
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon wild fennel, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- Brush the potatoes with extra-virgin olive oil. Wrap each potato in a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees F for 1 hour or until the potatoes are cooked through. Note that cooking time varies with the size of the potatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, cream, poppy seeds, fennel, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Squeeze the lemon on the slices of salmon. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are cooked, open the foil then slice halfway through in the middle. Sprinkle with salt.
- Spoon dollops of ricotta cream then lay a slice of salmon. Garnish.