Your dad works hard, and we know raising you wasn’t a breeze (trust us, it wasn’t for our dads either!) So this Father’s Day, let Dad put up his feet and watch the game while you cook up one of these juicy, delicious, pub-inspired burgers!
From a cheesy double decker barbecue burger topped with bacon to one a bit more gourmet topped with goat cheese and avocado, there’s a gut-busting burger for any dad’s taste.
Double bacon & barbecue cheeseburger
For the burgers
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices cheese
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (use one of these boozy recipes)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- To make the patties, mix the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, crushed red pepper and salt and pepper with your hands. Shape 8 regular-size patties and place on parchment paper. Chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, preheat a grill or skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook until medium, about 5 minutes on each side.
- To assemble the burger, place one patty on the bottom of the bun. Top with one slice of cheese. Then top the cheese with another patty and the second piece of cheese. Add bacon and 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce to the top of the burger. Add the bun top and enjoy!
Breakfast burgers with bacon & fried eggs
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 English muffins
- 10 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- 5 slices American cheese
- 5 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Form the bulk sausage into 5 thick patties. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook until browned on both sides, about 4-5 minutes on each. Place on a paper towel to train.
- Fry eggs sunny side up in another small pan over medium heat.
- Toast the English muffins. Once toasted, top the bottom muffin with 1 patty, 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of bacon and 1 fried egg. Top with salt and pepper.
Goat cheese, avocado & arugula burger
- 2 hamburger patties (use the recipe for the double bacon burgers)
- 2 hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 slices avocado
- 2 tablespoons sriracha mayonnaise (use this recipe)
- Preheat a grill or skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook until medium to medium well, about 5 minutes on each side.
- To assemble the burgers, place the patty on the bottom part of the bun. Top with goat cheese, arugula, red onion and avocado. Slather 1 tablespoon of sriracha mayo on the top bun and enjoy!
More juicy burger recipes
Bacon cheeseburger with peanut butter sriracha ketchup
Jalapeño cheddar burgers
Portobello cheeseburger recipe