Sweet slaw with bacon
Coleslaw is the perfect summer salad. We jazzed it up by using a creamy vinegar dressing and adding bacon. Everything is better with bacon!
Tired of boring and plain coleslaw? We have you covered! This simple coleslaw is packed full of crispy bacon, crunchy green apple and chewy dried cranberries. This is not your average run-of-the-mill slaw!
Sweet slaw with bacon recipe
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cubed
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- In a large bowl add coleslaw mix, Granny Smith apples, bacon and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, brown sugar and vinegar. Pour over the coleslaw mixture and let sit for at least 1 hour to let flavors combine.
- Serve cold.