Stir-fry broccoli & carrots with peanuts
Stir-frying is one of the easiest and best ways to eat vegetables. Make your own Asian vegetable dish at home with this recipe.
Stir-frying is just tossing the vegetables in a special Asian saucepan called a wok. Its shape is perfect for tossing the ingredients together. But don't worry if you don't have one. Stir-frying in a regular saucepan will yield excellent results, too. This quick-and-easy vegetable dish goes well with rice and any grilled fish or meat dish.
Stir-fry broccoli & carrots with peanuts recipe
- Olive oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 pound broccoli, chopped to small florets
- 2 medium carrots, sliced to round pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, chopped finely
- Over medium fire, saute the garlic in a wok or saucepan with olive oil.
- Add the broccoli and carrots. Toss for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, honey and water. Pour over the vegetables and toss for another 5 minutes.
- Season with pepper and sprinkle with the peanuts.
- Turn off the fire.