We are taking quinoa and going crazy! This simple fried “rice” style dish is made with quinoa instead of the traditional rice. It’s healthy, full of flavor and bound to impress!
Looking to switch things up a bit? Tired of the same old boring dinner routine? This healthy and flavor-packed quinoa dish is sure to please. It’s packed with baby peas, cilantro, pineapple, lime and lots of heart-healthy quinoa.
Fried Thai quinoa
Slightly adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Place a saucepan over medium-high heat and add quinoa, coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Melt coconut oil and add green onion, ginger and garlic. Saute (without browning) for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add peas, pineapple and cilantro and saute for a few more minutes. Move ingredients to the side and crack two eggs in the middle. Quickly move around until scrambled. Stir into the rest of the ingredients.
- Add quinoa to the skillet, move it around in the skillet until it starts to get a little crispy on the edges.
- Add in lime juice and soy sauce, stir and make sure the flavors are equally distributed in the quinoa mixture.
- Serve with optional chopped peanuts.