Looking for a way to bring flavor to your Meatless Monday? We used giant mushrooms caps and filled them with tangy goat cheese and fresh avocado. You will love this light summer dish!
The morning can be a busy time. Even if it feels like there is no time to eat, you should always sit down to eat a healthy breakfast. It doesn’t have to be complicated, and it doesn’t have to take hours to prepare. It also doesn’t have to just be cereal or toast. This simple mushroom cap stuffed with mashed avocado and topped with goat cheese will rock your morning!
Goat cheese and avocado stuffed portobello mushrooms
Yields 4 caps
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- Olive oil
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- Clean mushrooms and rub skin with olive oil. Broil under high heat for about 5 minutes till they starts to become soft.
- Remove from oven and let rest while you prepare the avocado.
- Cut avocado in half, remove the seed and scoop out flesh. Mash with a fork and season liberally with kosher salt and pepper.
- Divide avocado mixture equally between the 4 mushroom caps.
- Crumble goat cheese on top of the avocado mixture and enjoy.