The mornings are no time to be running around trying to figure out what to eat. This prepare-ahead eggs Benedict casserole will give you the flavor of a time-consuming breakfast without all the work!
Want to prepare for breakfast ahead of time? Looking for the perfect brunch dish? Eggs Benedict is a classic dish but can be a hassle to make for a large crowd. This simple to throw together casserole gives you all the taste of eggs Benedict without all the work. Your family will love this!
Eggs Benedict casserole recipe
Source: Taste of Home
Yields one 9 x 13-inch dish
- 3/4 pound Canadian bacon, chopped
- 6 whole wheat English muffins (plain is fine, too)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a 9 x 13-inch dish add half the Canadian bacon, chopped English muffins and remaining Canadian bacon.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk and onion powder. Pour over the bacon/muffin mixture, cover with foil and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove casserole 30 minutes before baking and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Keeping the casserole covered, bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a double boiler, whisk egg yolks, heavy cream, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Whisk constantly until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. While still whisking, drizzle in melted butter.
- Serve immediately by pouring over the baked casserole.