Tomato and goat cheese tart
Want to prepare a fancy meal without a lot of work? This tangy goat cheese and tomato tart is beautiful to look at, delicious to eat and takes barely any time to throw together.
Looking for a quick appetizer or maybe even a delicious brunch dish? This quick and easy tart takes less than 15 minutes to throw together and bakes up hot and fresh. Plus, if you have never had roasted tomatoes you are in for a treat. They are sweet and pair perfectly with the tangy goat cheese.
Tomato and goat cheese tart recipe
Yields 12-inch tart
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Let puff pastry thaw a bit on the counter. Don't let it completely thaw. Just let it get warm enough to unroll.
- On a Silpat or baking sheet-size piece of parchment paper, roll out to a 12-inch rectangle. Add to a baking sheet.
- Mix together sour cream and mustard. Spread over the puff pastry. Roll a 1/2-inch crust around all sides of the pastry.
- Add to the fridge for 10 minutes to chill the pastry.
- Once chilled, top the pastry with halved tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes till lightly browned and the tomatoes are shriveled-looking.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.