Everyone loves noodles in their various forms! Rice noodles are gluten-free and make a great meal served with tasty veggies and a flavorful sauce!
Rice noodles, eaten in many Asian cultures, are not only delicious, but they’re a gluten-free alternative to noodles made with wheat. This Gluten-free Friday recipe for rice noodles with veggies and Thai basil sauce is made using traditional rice noodles, but if you can’t find them at your grocery store, look for gluten-free rice spaghetti instead. We’ve also added in Annie Chun’s Thai Basil Stir-fry sauce from the new line of gluten-free gourmet sauces.
The nice thing about this dish is that you can switch up the vegetables if you’d like. Instead of baby bok choy, use spinach. If you don’t like bell peppers, replace them with carrots. This dish makes a quick, flavorful gluten-free meal everyone will enjoy.
Rice noodles with veggies and Thai basil sauce recipe
- 4 ounces rice noodles (you can substitute gluten-free rice spaghetti), cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup yellow bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped mushroom
- 6-8 baby bok choy leaves, washed and trimmed, 1 inch from the bottom
- 2-3 tablespoons Annie Chun’s gluten-free Thai Basil Stir-Fry sauce
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook for a few minutes, then add the bell peppers (generally, you should add the “sturdier” vegetables first, before the others like mushrooms). Cook this mixture until the onions begin to soften. Add the salt and ground black pepper and stir.
- Begin cooking the rice noodles, as they only take a few minutes to cook.
- Continue by adding the garlic and mushrooms to the vegetable mixture, stirring.
- Add the baby bok choy last, stirring the vegetables as they cook. Add the Thai Basil Stir-fry sauce to the vegetables and mix to coat.
- When the noodles have finished cooking, drain them, and rinse them in cold water.
- Add the noodles to your skillet with the vegetables and stir to coat all the ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Rice noodles mix well with veggies for a great dish!