This refreshing and super easy to prepare salad is bursting with summer flavors. Juicy summer blueberries are tossed into mixed greens and garnished with fresh creamy ricotta cheese. Drizzled with a light balsamic based dressing this salad is unbelievably delicious.
Let’s face it, sometimes salads can be just plain boring. Here we share a unique spin on the everyday salad by using fresh organic blueberries, mixed greens and ricotta cheese. These flavors may sound a bit bizarre, but once you taste them together you will certainly understand why we are head over heals for this dish.
Summer blueberry salad with ricotta and pecans recipe
Yields 2 large salads
- 2 cups fresh mixed greens
- 1/2 cup fresh organic blueberries, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup balsamic dressing
- Between two plates divide the mixed greens, blueberries, pecans and ricotta cheese.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the balsamic dressing over each salad and garnish with fresh mint leaves if using .
- Serve immediately.