Summer blueberry salad with ricotta and pecans
This refreshing and super easy to prepare salad is bursting with summer flavors. Juicy summer blueberries are tossed into mixed greens and garnished with fresh creamy ricotta cheese. Drizzled with a light balsamic based dressing this salad is unbelievably delicious.
Let's face it, sometimes salads can be just plain boring. Here we share a unique spin on the everyday salad by using fresh organic blueberries, mixed greens and ricotta cheese. These flavors may sound a bit bizarre, but once you taste them together you will certainly understand why we are head over heals for this dish.
Summer blueberry salad with ricotta and pecans recipe
Yields 2 large salads
- 2 cups fresh mixed greens
- 1/2 cup fresh organic blueberries, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup balsamic dressing
- Between two plates divide the mixed greens, blueberries, pecans and ricotta cheese.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the balsamic dressing over each salad and garnish with fresh mint leaves if using .
- Serve immediately.