This tropical summer salad is loaded with sweet chunks of fresh mango and creamy avocado slices, all tossed in a fresh citrus dressing. Perfect for a refreshing snack by the pool or as a side dish at your next barbecue.
This salad is the perfect poolside meal. Fresh mango really adds sweetness to the creamy avocado while the fresh citrus dressing adds just a little tang. You can make this ahead of time and pack it up for a day at the pool or serve it alongside grilled chicken.
Tropical mango avocado salad with fresh citrus dressing recipe
For the salad
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 large mangoes, sliced
- 2 large ripe avocados, pit removed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
For the citrus dressing
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 large navel oranges, juiced and zested
- Sea salt and pepper to season
- In a blender add all of the ingredients for the dressing. Blend until the mixture is smooth and set side.
- To assemble the salad divide the spinach and quinoa between 4 plates. Add mango slices, avocado slices and pumpkin seeds. Top with citrus dressing and serve immediately.