A quick and easy healthy recipe that’s packed with flavor.
I love a great healthy recipe that is easy to make and delicious enough to serve to dinner guests.
Mango shrimp lettuce cups recipe
Yields 4 appetizer servings or 2 entree servings
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated (or very thinly sliced)
- 2 scallions, bias cut (or chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 large shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet red chili sauce
- 1 head lettuce (butter, bibb or iceberg)
- In a small bowl, combine the carrots, scallions, bell pepper and mango. In a separate bowl whisk together the soy sauce, honey, white vinegar and chili powder, pour over vegetables, toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp, toss to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, add the shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the sweet red chili sauce, stir to combine .
- Spoon shrimp into lettuce leaves, top with vegetables.