Meatballs are perfect for an appetizer or a main course. However, all that frying can be a pain. These simple baked meatballs are given a bite of spice and dash of garlic. They are flavorful and mess free!
Meatballs don’t have to be complicated to make or take forever to fry. These flavor-packed meatballs are the perfect size to serve as a main course and the best part is that they are not fried. That’s right, no greasy mess! If you don’t want your meatballs to be as spicy, simply sub out the chipotle chili powder for plain chili powder. It will still give you that smoky flavor without all the spiciness.
Spicy garlic baked meatballs recipe
Yields 24 meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup clover honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chipotle chili powder and crushed red pepper. Mix together with your hands.
- Roll meat mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls. You should get around 12 meatballs per sheet pan, 24 meatballs in total.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm and no longer pink in the center.
- While meatballs are baking add garlic and olive oil to a large high-sided skillet. Quickly cook garlic till fragrant but not browned. Add in ketchup, honey and Sriracha. Cook till the sauce is thick and sticky.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and gently stir to coat. Serve hot.