Kale is getting more popular and for a good reason. For a Meatless Monday meal, sidestep your usual salad and give this recipe a try!
Kale is incredibly nutritious and versatile, if you hadn’t heard! It’s packed with protein, antioxidants and vitamins galore. Try this Meatless Monday recipe for Southwestern kale salad with lime dressing. It’s an out-of-the-ordinary salad with a refreshing dressing. If you can, dress the salad and allow it to sit, refrigerated, for about an hour before serving it. A cup of soup or a light sandwich makes a great side to this salad for a filling meal.
Southwestern kale salad with lime dressing
- 1/4-1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 ounces Tuscan kale, washed, stems removed and sliced into thin strips
- 2/3 whole bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, diced
- 1/2 cup jicama, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1/2 cup corn kernels from a can or frozen (thawed)
- First mix the dressing by combining the first 6 ingredients. Whisk to mix well and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Toss the kale, bell pepper, jicama and corn kernels in a large bowl, then add the salad dressing to it. Mix to evenly coat the salad.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Toss the salad before serving on individual plates.
Toss this salad into your Meatless Monday meal routine!