Desserts don’t have to be fattening and unhealthy! Unleash the flavor of fresh roasted cherries paired with yogurt, honey and nuts for the ultimate healthy dessert.
This parfait is full of vitamins, calcium and protein.
Serve in Mason jars for a cute presentation!
Marinating the cherries in balsamic vinegar before roasting gives them a distinctive flavor. Be warned: They’re very addictive!
Organic roasted cherry parfaits
Adapted from She Wears Many Hats
Yields 3 (6-ounce) Mason jar parfaits
- 1 pound fresh organic cherries, pitted and halved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup toasted nuts
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Marinate the cherries in balsamic vinegar while the oven is preheating.
- Spread the cherries on a baking sheet and bake them for 20 minutes.
- Mix the yogurt and honey together, stirring with a spoon.
- Evenly layer all ingredients.