Gluten-free Goodie of the Week: Sweet-n-salty clusters
For a gluten-free goodie, why not combine two great tastes for a fun treat? Pairing sweet with salty in a treat is an idea you'll love!
Simple and tasty, this Gluten-free Friday recipe for sweet-n-salty clusters is easy to put together when you need something in a hurry. You'll also get both crunchy and gooey bites in each treat thanks to combining pretzels and caramel. Garnish with a touch of drizzled chocolate and a pinch of sea salt for a winning combination!
Sweet-n-salty clusters recipe
Yields 18 treats
- 36 mini gluten-free pretzel twists
- 9 bite-size gluten-free caramels, cut in half
- 1/2 cup gluten-free chocolate chips
- Sea salt for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place half the pretzels on the lined baking sheet.
- Place half a caramel candy on top of each pretzel, and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately top each pretzel/caramel combo with another pretzel, gently pushing down to help spread out the caramel. Leave them on the baking sheet.
- Once the pretzel/caramel treats have completely cooled, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, in increments of about 10 seconds, until fully melted and smooth.
- While the treats are still on the lined baking sheet, use a fork to drizzle the tops of each with the melted chocolate.
- Garnish each by sprinkling a tiny amount of sea salt over the tops.
Two great tastes combine in this treat!