Who said you can only eat corn on the cob. Fresh ears of corn are grilled and removed from their cobs. Tossed with cooked quinoa, fresh mint and crunchy veggies, this salad is then finished with a lovely lime dressing perfect for any summer meal.
This is a super-refreshing salad for hot summer days, pool parties and Fourth of July celebrations. Grilling the corn really adds depth and flavor and brings out the corn’s natural sweetness. Quinoa adds protein and texture while the mint adds just enough freshness to make this dish pop.
Grilled corn salad with quinoa and fresh mint recipe
For the salad
- 4 ears corn, grilled and kernels removed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large handful fresh mint chopped
For the dressing
- 2-3 limes juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients for the dressing, mixing well. Taste the dressing and adjust seasonings if needed.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the salad. Pour the dressing over top and toss, mixing everything well. Serve chilled or at room temperature.