Chipotle beer cheese dip
An easy, foolproof beer cheese dip with mozzarella, Parmesan and chipotle.
Every summer party needs a great dip, and beer cheese dip is just the man for the job. This easy blend and bake method takes the guesswork out of cheese sauce making. Don't forget the cornstarch, that's the secret ingredient that prevents this creamy dip from separating.
Chipotle beer cheese dip recipe
Yields 4 cups
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup mozzarella, plus 1/2 cup mozzarella for top
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo (add 1 for less heat, 2 for more heat)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from chipotle can)
- 2/3 cup IPA beer
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, add the sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, desired number of chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, beer, garlic powder, salt and cornstarch. Process until smooth.
- Pour into an oven-safe serving dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted (it will look a bit like a souffle).
- Remove from oven, stir and garnish with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Serve warm.