Grilled seafood salad recipes
Kick off summer with one of these deliciously healthy, low-fat and flavor-packed grilled seafood salads.These will fill you up without bloating, keeping you slim and svelte for that two-piece.
From grilled shrimp to easy salmon, these healthy salads are perfect additions to your summertime dinner menus. Leave the oven off and grill outside instead!
Caribbean jerk shrimp salsa salad
- 2 pounds unpeeled shrimp
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 kiwi, diced
- 1/2 large tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the shrimp and the jerk seasoning together, coating the shrimp with the seasoning. Cover and let marinate for at least an hour.
- Once marinated, preheat the grill to medium. Add shrimp and cook until just pink and soft, about 5 minutes.
- To make the salsa salad, mix the avocado, kiwi, olive oil, lemon juice, tomato and salt and pepper together. Place grilled shrimp on the salad and enjoy.
Bourbon and brown sugar grilled salmon salad
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup bourbon (we used Jim Beam)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 cups fresh greens
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, molasses and orange juice together. Save about 1/3 of the mixture. Place the salmon in a large baking dish and cover with marinade. Cover dish with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, preheat grill to medium. Liberally coat the grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Place salmon on the grill and cook for at least 6 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Pour sauce over fish at about the 4 minute mark on each side.
- Place greens in a large mixing bowl. Stir in red onion. Using reserved marinade, dress the salad. Add salmon to the top of the salad and enjoy!