This recipe is truly patriotic. Red, white and blue flavored Jell-O is magically transformed into this super-cool layered treat. Top with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and garnish with extra berries for one explosive dessert.
How fun are these Jell-O parfaits! This impressive recipe is super easy to prepare. While it does take a bit of time to create the fantastic layered look, it’s well worth the wait. If you run into trouble finding the coconut flavored Jell-O, simply follow the same instructions but instead use plain gelatin and milk rather than water to easily create the white layer. Kids will love the effects of the different colors and these are perfect for snacking on while celebrating Independence Day!
Firecracker Jell-O parfait recipe
Yields approximately 8-10 depending on the cup size you use
- 8-10 clear plastic or glass cups
- 2 (3 ounce) packages blue flavored Jell-O
- 2 (3 ounce) packages coconut flavored Jell-O
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cherry Jell-O
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Blueberries or strawberries for garnish
- Prepare the cherry Jell-O according the directions on the box. Fill 8-10 small clear plastic cups evenly with the cherry Jell-O and chill for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until it’s completely set.
- Prepare the coconut Jell-O as directed on the package. Mix in the softened cream cheese. However, do not mix in the additional water as the package directions state (very important to skip this step). Allow to sit until just cooled but not completely set. Divide the coconut Jell-O mixture evenly to each glass and chill about 1 hour or until set completely.
- Prepare the blue Jell-O as directed on the package and add to each glass. Chill 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the Jell-O is completely set.
- When ready to serve garnish each parfait with whipped cream and a few berries. Serve immediately.
Note: You can make these up to several days ahead, however do not add the whipped cream and berries until you are ready to serve.
More July Fourth-inspired recipes
Fourth of July layered summer drinks
Red, white & blue cupcakes in a jar
Easy 4th of July recipes
Leave a Comment